Dr. Ganesh Bhutkar is a Coordinator, Centre of Excellence in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and also, Assistant Head (Research), Department of Computer Engineering at Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT), Pune, INDIA.
His areas of interest are Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Healthcare Applications & Assistive Technologies.
- Age: 45 Years
- Website: www.ganeshbhutkar.com
- Phone: +91-20-24202118
- Institute: VIT, Pune - 411037 (MH), INDIA
- PhD: HCI from IIT Bombay
- Degrees: ME (Comp Engg), MBA
- Email: email@example.com
- City: Pune, INDIA
Dr. Bhutkar is PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay. He has also completed BE (Computer Engg.), MBA (Computer Mgt.) and ME (Computer Engg.) from Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune, INDIA.
Dr. Bhutkar is Vice-Chair from IFIP TC 13 WG 6 - Human Work Interaction Design (HWID) since 2019. He is an active member of ACM, SIGCHI, IFIP, EIT-Health & ISE. He has visited 30+ international universities located in 20+ countries in Europe, Africa & Asia.
Experience in Years
Google Scholar Citations
Research & Travel Grants
1. Dr. Bhutkar is active member / invitee in Board of Studies at BATU Lonere (IT), MGM Aurangabad (IT) & host - VIT Pune (Comp) in 2019-20.
2. He is Guest Editor at Springer Journal - Quality & User Experience (QUEX).
3. His research team won a BEST RESEARCH PAPER AWARD at ASIA CHI Symposium (Virtual), 2020.
1. P Kularia, G Bhutkar, S Jadhav & D Jadhav: Prototype Design of Alert Device for Hearing Impaired Users, Human Computer Interaction and Emerging Technologies: Adjunct Proceedings for Workshops of Interact 2019, Cardiff Uviversity Press, pp 133-138. (2020)
2. G Bhutkar, A Dongre, S Deshmukh, L Nielsen & J Joshi: User Persona of Mother of Preterm Neonate, Beyond Interactions, INTERACT 2019, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Cham, 11930, pp 34-43. (2020)
3. J Nocera, A Parmaxi, M Winckler, F Loizides, C Ardito, G Bhutkar & P Dannenmann: Beyond Interactions - INTERACT 2019 IFIP TC 13 Workshops, Paphos, Cyprus, Revised Selected Papers, Springer Nature, 11930.(2020)
4. G Bhutkar, V Roto, T Clemmensen, B Barricelli, J Nocera, A Meschtscherjakov, A Lopes, P Campos & F Gonçalves: User Experiences and Wellbeing at Work, IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction - INTERACT 2019, Springer, Cham, pp 754-758. (2019)
5. A Patil, G Bhutkar, M Pendse, A Tawade, A Bodkhe, S Shaha & S Deshmukh: Prototype Design of Android App for Mothers of Preterm Infants, Human Work Interaction Design. Designing Engaging Automation, Springer, Cham, 544, pp 3-16. (2019)
6. G Bhutkar, A Mehetre, U Sagale, A Kendre, D Bhole & N Jathar: Heuristic Evaluation of an Eye-Free Android Application, 6th International Conference on M4D Mobile Communication Technology for Development (M4D), pp 206-215. (2018)
7. U Sagale, G Bhutkar, M Karad & N Jathar: An Eye-Free Android Application for Visually Impaired Users, Ergonomics in Caring for People, Springer, Singapore, pp 291-297. (2018)
Our design portfolio mainly consists of mobile apps, academic books as well as other UIs.
We can organize or attend the events. These events include conferences, workshops / symposiums, design competitions, summer / winter schools, meetings and other events.
1. 31st ACM User Interface Software & Technology (UIST) 2018 Conference, Berlin, GERMANY, Oct 14-17, 2018. (SIGCHI Travel Grant)
2. 6th Mobile Communication Technologies for Development (M4D) 2018 Conference, Makerere University, Kampala, UGANDA, Nov 15-16, 2018. (Travel Grant)
3. 17th IFIP TC.13 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction – INTERACT 2019, Paphos, CYPRUS, Sept 2-6, 2019. (IFIP Travel Grant)
1. Workshop on ‘Mobile Accessibility' (Organized with Dhananjay Bhole & Dhiraj Jadhav), M4D Conference 2018, Makerere University, Kampala, UGANDA, Nov 14, 2018. (Travel Grant)
2. User Experiences and Wellbeing at Work (UX@Work) Workshop (organised by a group – IFIP 13.6 HWID with Virpi Roto), Interact 2019, Paphos, CYPRUS, Sept 2, 2019. (IFIP Travel Grant)
3. Asian CHI Symposium 2020 (Virtual), CHI 2020, Honolulu, Hawai'i, USA, April 25, 2020. (Best Paper Award)
1. ACM SIGCHI Summer Schools on Research Methodologies, NSU Dhaka, BANGLADESH, June, 2020 (Virtual) & March 2019. (Travel Grant)
2. ACM SIGCHI Winter School on Research Methodologies, NSU Dhaka, BANGLADESH, Nov, 2019. (Travel Grant)
3. EIT Health / ACM SIGCHI e-Health Summer School 2017, KTH Stockholm, SWEDEN, Aug 2017. (Travel Grant)